Friday, December 23, 2011

Moving On Up

For my final in web narrative, a class that is story telling with video, I continued with my Social Advocacy piece. Moving On Up tells the story of Ashana Wynn, 17, senior in high school, who is involved in Upward Bound, a program that helps students graduate high school and become the first generation college student. Ashana juggles school and her mother illness, a brain tumor that has handicapped her from being 100 %. With Ashana graduating in the spring of 2012, she fears leaving her mother and her illness to get worst. Her dream after high school is to become the first of her five older sibling to graduate college and gain a degree in pharmaceutical science. With the Upward Bound Program, her dream will become a reality.



***Personally shooting this was a challenge. This semester of learning video was great and I found what I really enjoy doing. Technically, this project has many issues, camera shake, lack of use of tri-pod, AUDIO (I'm kicking my butt on the moms interview). But I see these technical issues and I know how to improve those. I wanted to work on my story telling. I maintain my Universal Theme(s). Family and Education. Feed back would be great and only helps me to improve as a story teller. Thank you for looking. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment