Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A new New Yorker

During fall break I traveled to The City. I did this venture as if i were living in the city, instead of visiting. I stayed with my partner in Brooklyn for a week. The place is crawling with visual eye candy. This being my first time in the city, I didn't take my camera out with me the first time venturing. ( I had a negative image of certain areas that I didn't want to risk the schools thousands of dollars camera.)((I kick myself in the butt for not doing it.)) These photos tell my adventures.


Today, October 12th, I have been in a relationship with my partner for 10 months. It has been a roller coaster,
 but we know one thing--our love is conquering our long distance relationship. I also learned that in NYC
we can hold hands and no one cares. In Ky., it's a different story.
4:32 a.m.
My brother is driving me to the airport and he is pulled over for speeding. My brother doesn't understand
 what photojournalism is. So as i was shooting pictures of this, he was yelling at me to stop shooting pictures
of him. He quickly learned what I am doing.


After flying, I took a bus to get to NY. This was the setting sun in NJ.




Second night in NYC. Met up with new friends in Harlem, drinking on the roof tops. In Ky, we drink on the
 front porch, in NYC, they drink on the roof. I'm indifferent to which one is better.






At Times Square, I attempted to shoot from the hip. I was unsure of how people would react to me putting my
camera in their face, but later I realized that majority do not care.


More Times Square tourists waving at themselves on a huge "jumbo TRON."



We were lucky enough to get invited to a photo presentation in Brooklyn, right on the East River.
 After the presentation, the party went to the roof, and the Manhattan skyline was glowing with all
of its beauty.


Hopping on the M train to Manhattan during golden hour. A airplane was spelling out a message
over the city. The message said "LAST CHANCE", "NOW OPEN"



Sun setting in lower Manhattan.



Williams Bridge, NYC



Last moments in NYC. Madison Square Garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment